When I pressed ‚publish’ on my previous post, I got a note from WordPress – where my blog is hosted – telling me that it was the
*** 100st blog post***
I have written.
Wooohhhooo! I almost cannot believe it!
I must say, I enjoy writing for this blog so much! I only post when I feel I have something to share and not by a set preset schedule forcing me to post at a regular interval. So every post is written with love and joy, and I am excited about sharing it every single time, otherwise I would not post it. And yes, there are a few texts which I have written, but not posted. I was not totally happy with them, so they either were deleted, or saved to a special folder for possible later corrective surgery if there were elements in it which I liked or felt are important.
I am so grateful for all my wonderful blog followers who keep coming back, reading and commenting or liking what I write and share. If it were not for you, it would be no fun and would make no sense to keep writing and posting.
So here is a big roaring
to you all!!!!
Thank you for being a witness to my art, my ideas and my life. It means so much to me!
You probably did not expect another blog post so soon, since I told you last that I will be moving and busy. I just felt the fact that I have just posted my 100th blog, needs some celebration and I might just forget till the next time I can post again… So I have written this post earlier and could schedule it to post today. (WordPress is kind of cool with such things.)
Sometimes I enjoy putting on my panther ears and some facepaint, and for this celebration it seemed perfect.
And while sharing my little private celebration picture with you, I thought of sharing some more interesting information about me, which you might not know. I am working on another business idea and have been setting up a webpage for it. As I find the ‘About’ pages of artists and people often so boring I wanted to come up with something different for that page.
I will not tell you about the business at this stage, as I hope to do a proper launch soon, but I will share with you the one page which is introducing me. It is called: I am.
I am Imke Rust – the artist and creator of your personal Intuitive Art Elixir.
And, YES I am also
- a rainmaker in training
- an artist in love with ideas and concepts
- inspired by possibility and wonder
- intuitive, creative and solution orientated
- a romantic spirit in awe of the mystical and spiritual dimension of life
- as well as a practical realist and sceptic with an eye for detail
- sometimes a little bit goofy
I believe in
- the power of gratitude
- the goodness and beauty of this world
- magic, miracles, totems and spirits
- the creative process as a healing and transformational force
- efficiency and practicality
- being responsible for my own happiness
- … and chocolate when all else fails.
- my husband and my family
- darker shades of pink, like fuchsia and magenta
- the Namib desert
- being creative and daydreaming
- uncovering deeper and alternative layers of wisdom, connections and patterns
- inspiring and thought-provoking conversations with friends
- researching and musing over the connections between different believe systems, traditions and alternative healing methods
- solitude and rest, lots of rest.
I feel really passionate about
- living an inspirational, abundant and beautiful life.
- shining a light and being of service to make this world a better place.
- helping you getting in touch with your own wisdom, creativity and intuition.
- That there is always a way.
- That art and ritual can be a powerful healing tool.
- That ultimately all is love.
And some more worldly information:
I was born in Namibia. Love made me split my time between my home-country and Berlin since 2010.
I am an award-winning artist with a BA degree in Visual Arts from the University of South Africa. I have exhibited extensively in Namibia and internationally in solo and group shows, won several awards and stipends and been invited on residencies. I also have been a curator at the National Art Gallery of Namibia and co-founded and managed an extensive art and cultural exchange program between the partner cities Berlin and Windhoek, running over several years.
Want more of the nitty-gritty? Then click here for my official artist CV.
Ok, that’s it for now! Hope to hear from you and to be able to post again soon. If I am not replying immideately to your comments, please have some patience, I am probaly busy renovating or unpacking. Or going for a walk through the forest… but will reply soon!
I love you all!